James S. Gibson, Ph.D.
(University of Texas, Austin, 1975)
UCLA Center for Systems, Dynamics and Control
UCLA Beam Control Laboratory
Control and identification of dynamical systems. Optimal and adaptive control of distributed systems, including flexible structures and fluid flows. Adaptive filtering, identification, and noise cancellation.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, James S. Gibson, and Tsu-Chin Tsao,
“Observer-Based Intensity-Feedback Control for Laser Beam
Pointing and Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems
Technology Transactions on, 20(1), 31-47, January 2012.
- Pérez-Arancibia, N.O., Tsao, T.-C., and Gibson, J.S., “A new
method for synthesizing multiple-period adaptive-repetitive
controllers and its application to the control of hard disk
drives,” Automatica (Journal of IFAC), 46(7), 1186-1195, 2010.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, J. S. Gibson, and T.-C. Tsao,
“Frequency-Weighted Minimum-Variance Adaptive Control for Laser
Beam Jitter Suppression,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on
Mechatronics, vol.14, no. 3, pp. 337-348, Jun. 2009.
- N. O. Pérez-Arancibia, T.-C. Tsao , and J. S. Gibson,
“Saturation-Induced Instability and its Avoidance in Adaptive
Control of Hard Disk Drives,” IEEE Transactions on Control
Systems Technology, vol. 18, no 2, pp. 368-382, March 2010.
- J.S. Gibson, I.G. Rosen, and G. Tao, "Approximation in Control
of Thermoelastic Systems," SIAM Journal on Control and
Optimization," Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 1163-1189, 1992.
- S.-W. Chen and J.S. Gibson, "A New Unwindowed Lattice Filter
for RLS Estimation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing,
Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 2158-2165, 1992.
- Jiang, S.-B. and Gibson, J.S., "An Unwindowed Multichannel
Lattice Filter with Orthogonal Channels," IEEE Transactions on
Signal Processing, December, 1995.