Ivan Catton, Ph.D.
International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research
Heat transfer and fluid mechanics, transport phenomena in porous media, nucleonics heat transfer and thermal hydraulics, natural and forced convection, thermal/hydrodynamic stability,
- Geb, D., Zhou, F., Catton, I., “Internal Heat Transfer
Coefficient Determination in a Packed Bed From the Transient
Response Due to Solid Phase Induction Heating,” Journal of Heat
Transfer-Transactions of the Asme, 134(4), April 2012.
- Zhou, F., DeMoulin, G.W., Geb, D., and Catton, I., “Closure
for a Plane Fin Heat Sink with Scale-Roughened Surfaces for
Volume Averaging Theory (VAT) Based Modeling,” International
Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (in press), 2012.
- Zhou, F. and I. Catton, “Volume Averaging Theory (VAT) based
modeling and closure evaluation for fin-and-tube heat
exchangers,” Heat and Mass Transfer: 1-11 (in press), 2012.
I., “Conjugate Heat Transfer Within a Heterogeneous
Hierarchical Structure,” Journal of Heat Transfer-Transactions
of the Asme, 133(10), October 2011.
- M.R. Paul and I. Catton, "The relaxation of two-dimensional
rolls in Rayleigh–Benard convection," Physics of Fluids 16(5),
- A. Horvat and I. Catton, "Numerical Technique for Modeling
Conjugate Heat Transfer in an Electronic Device Heat Sink," Int J Heat Mass
- A. Horvat and I. Catton, "Application of Galerkin Method to
Conjugate Heat Transfer Calculation," Num Heat Transfer,
Part B: Fundamentals 44,